Hi list,

We're working on FMRIPREP <https://fmriprep.readthedocs.io/en/stable/>, a
pipeline aimed at performing baseline preprocessing, and producing cleaned
structural and functional data which can be fed into any of a number of
analysis pipelines.

We've recently begun incorporating surface reconstruction and surface-mapped
functionals, and we'd like to get feedback on what outputs would be most
valuable to people, in terms of formats, spaces and sampling strategies.

1) What surfaces do you use for sampling functional data and visualization? If
you use down-sampled surfaces, do you have a preferred down-sampling strategy
or target mesh?

2) What statistical analyses and model-fitting tools do you use for
surface-based analyses? And are there any particular considerations you have
for preparing your data for use by these tools?

I appreciate your time and any input you may have to help us build a tool that
fits the needs of the community.

Chris Markiewicz
Center for Reproducible Neuroscience
Stanford University