Thanks a lot! That worked well! The registration is not perfect, but it is much
better than the original.

I used the command:

mri_vol2vol --mov PathTo/UnusualData.nii.gz --targ PathTo/orig.nii.gz --interp
nearest --o PathTo/UnusualData_toT1reg.nii.gz --reg PathTo/dti2t1.dat

Is there anything you would suggest that I run differently?

Aaron D. Jacobson
Technical Operations Manager
UCSD Center for Functional MRI
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla CA 92093-0677

On 4/20/17, 8:42 AM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Douglas N Greve" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    Yes, when using mri_vol2vol or mri_vol2surf, spec the unusual data set
    as the --mov but pass the bbregister registration to the --reg flag.

    On 04/20/2017 11:41 AM, Jacobson, Aaron wrote:
    > Absolutely, thanks for looking into this.
    >
    > I have 3 datasets:
    >
    > 1. T1 anatomical
    > 2. DTI
    > 3. Unusual dataset (derived from DTI) that does not have a contrast that
bbregister can use to register the data

    > I want to register the unusual dataset (#3) to the T1 anatomical.
    >
    > Since the unusual dataset cannot be read successfully by bbregister, I
registered the DTI to the anatomical and I would like to use the registration
parameters from that registration (DTI to t1) to register the unusual dataset
to the T1.

gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    >      I don't know what you are trying to do. Can you elaborate?
    >

    >      On 04/19/2017 07:26 PM, Jacobson, Aaron wrote:
    >      > Hello,
    >      >
    >      > I am new to freesurfer. I have been looking for an answer to this
    >      > issue for days.
    >      >
    >      > I ran bbregister to align a dti scan to a t1 struc.
    >      >
    >      > It worked beautifully.
    >      >
    >      > I am trying to register a very abnormal looking dataset to the t1
    >      > using the registration parameters created during the first
bbregister
    >      > (dti to t1).
    >      >
    >      > I have been unable to figure this out, but it seems like it must
be a
    >      > common procedure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    >      >
    >      >
    >      > Freesurfer mailing list
    >      > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
    >
    >      --
    >      Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
    >      MGH-NMR Center
    >      gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
    >      Phone Number: 617-724-2358
    >      Fax: 617-726-7422
    >
    >      Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
    >      FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
    >      www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
    >      Outgoing:
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/

    >      The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
whom it is
    >      addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
the e-mail
    >      contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance
HelpLine at
    >      http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to
you in error
    >      but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender
and properly
    >      dispose of the e-mail.

    Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
    MGH-NMR Center