not sure what is going wrong. Does it work if you do not include the --wls cesvar.nii.gz ?

On 6/28/17 12:29 PM, Mcnorgan, Christopher wrote:
Hi,
I’m running a group-level analysis and have encountered an error that results in a core dump. The first-level analyses were run using the fsaverage surfaces, rather than self surfaces. I’ve already inspected the individual contrasts, loading the fsaverage surface in tksurfer and rendering each subject’s contrast as an overlay, and would now like to compute the group-level results.

I first ran isxconcat-sess, and saw no errors indicated in the program output.

mri_glmfit was then called as followed, and produced the following output (same result for the rh):

    $ mri_glmfit --y ces.nii.gz --wls cesvar.nii.gz --osgm --surf
    fsaverage lh --glmdir glm.wls --nii.gz
    Reading source surface /home/chris/LDT/fsaverage/surf/lh.white
    Number of vertices 163842
    Number of faces  327680
    Total area 65416.648438
    AvgVtxArea 0.399267
    AvgVtxDist 0.721953
    StdVtxDist 0.195470

    $Id: mri_glmfit.c,v 1.196.2.8 2012/11/01 18:51:41 greve Exp $
    cwd /home/chris/LDT/RFX/LDT_fsaverage.sm4.rh/hi-v-lo
    cmdline mri_glmfit --y ces.nii.gz --wls cesvar.nii.gz --osgm
    --surf fsaverage lh --glmdir glm.wls --nii.gz
    sysname  Linux
    hostname brocasarea
    machine  x86_64
    user     chris
    FixVertexAreaFlag = 1
    UseMaskWithSmoothing     1
    OneSampleGroupMean 1
    y  /home/chris/LDT/RFX/LDT_fsaverage.sm4.rh/hi-v-lo/ces.nii.gz
    logyflag 0
    usedti  0
    labelmask  /home/chris/LDT/fsaverage/label/lh.cortex.label
    maskinv 0
    glmdir glm.wls
    IllCondOK 0
    ReScaleX 1
    DoFFx 0
    wFile cesvar.nii.gz
    weightinv  1
    weightsqrt 1
    Creating output directory glm.wls
    /home/chris/LDT/RFX/LDT_fsaverage.sm4.rh/hi-v-lo/ces.nii.gz
    Saving design matrix to glm.wls/Xg.dat
    Normalized matrix condition is 1
    Matrix condition is 1
    Found 149955 points in label.
    ERROR: mri_reshape: number of elements cannot change
      nv1 = 163842, nv1 = 537168
    Pruning voxels by thr: 0.000000
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This seems to have its root in a mismatch between the vertices in the fsaverage lh.cortex label and those in the contrast data. However, I carried out subject-level analyses in the fsaverage surface space specifically to facilitate a group-level analysis in fsaverage surface space, so I can’t see where I went wrong. The only other post I could find that was similar was related to an attempt to carry out a group analysis in native surface space, which is not the case here.

Thanks for your time