Hi Gabor

whether it "matters" is really a question of what you want to do with the data. The chiasm is pretty small and won't change much

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, Gabor Perlaki wrote:

Dear all,

Freesurfer 6 creates pial and white matter surfaces around the optic chiasm
in some of my subjects (see the attached pictures). When I check the
aparc.DKTatlas+aseg.mgz, sometimes these places are segmented as optic
chiasm or nothing (which seems to be good), but sometimes this region is
segmented as white matter or medialorbitofrontal cortex. Could somebody
please confirm that these surface inacuracies don't matter as long as the
area is not segmented as a cortical region or white matter in the
aparc.DKTatlas+aseg.mgz file, and I should correct it if missegmented as a
cortical region or white matter?
I suspect that I should correct the wm.mgz. However, all of the brainmask,
aseg and wm corrections are done on my subjects and I'd like to correct this
new error without loosing those corrections. How should I correct this new
wm inaccuracy without loosing my earlier aseg corrections?

Best Regards,
Gabor

      Dear all,

I use Freesurfer 6. In some of my subjects the surfaces (both pial and
white) intruding into the optic chiasm. However, when I check the
aparc.DKTatlas+aseg.mgz it seems that although the surfaces are wrong,
the region is segmented as optic chiasm. Can I ignore this type of
surface inaccuracies similarly to surface inacurracies around the
amygdala and hippocampus?

Best Regards,
Gabor

--