Hi freesurfer team,

I'm hoping to ask two questions:

1.      We are using the mri_volcluster command to find manually delineated
clusters in a volume. In the output file, the command outputs Talairach
coordinates for each cluster (TalX, TalY, TalZ). What do these coordinates
exactly correspond to in terms of voxels? (i.e. do they reference the
central voxel of each cluster, the first voxel detected, or something else)

2.      Are there any freesurfer command(s) that can measure the minimum
distance between two clusters in the same volume, or measure the minimum
distance between one cluster in one volume( let's call it reference cluster)
and multiple clusters in a second volume, granted that both volumes are in
the same space and registered to each other (in other words, generate
minimum distance measurements between all the clusters in the second volume
and the reference cluster in the first volume).

My apologies if these questions are basic or have been asked before, but I
haven't come across an answer on freesurfer forums or help files.

Best,

Omar

  _____

Omar Al-Louzi, MD