Hey all
I'm trying to morph the fsaverage flat patch (?h.cortex.patch.flat) to the
freesurfer sample subject, and getting the following error:

mri_surf2surf --srcsubject fsaverage --srcsurfval lh.cortex.patch.flat
--trgsubject sample --trgsurfval lh.cortex.patch.sample.flat --hemi lh
ERROR: could not determine type of lh.cortex.patch.sample.flat

mris_convert also didn't work:
mri_surf2surf --srcsubject fsaverage --srcsurfval lh.cortex.patch.flat
--trgsubject sample --trgsurfval lh.cortex.patch.sample.flat --hemi lh
ERROR: could not determine type of lh.cortex.patch.sample.flat
[thibault:surf] (nmr-stable53-env) mris_convert lh.cortex.patch.flat
lh.cortex.patch.flat.asc
mrisFindNeighbors: lh.cortex.patch.flat: face[0].v[0] = 0, but face 0 not in
vertex 0 face list

I could read it using the python code in pyCortex:
https://github.com/gallantlab/pycortex/blob/00cc7dadd16149ac7f6fe38621c95c43c4b71cad/cortex/freesurfer.py#L189

And after that save it as a freesurfer surface:
https://github.com/gallantlab/pycortex/blob/00cc7dadd16149ac7f6fe38621c95c43c4b71cad/cortex/freesurfer.py#L167

But even after that mri_surf2surf couldn't determine the type.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Noam