On 10/21/17 10:31 AM, Dennis M. Hedderich wrote:
Dear Freesurfer Team,

I built a GLM, did a 2 sample t-test and found significant differences in cortical thickness in the right middle temporal gyrus between two groups. Now, I would like to kindly ask for your help with two problems that I am facing: 1) for further correlation analyses in SPSS, I would like to extract cortical thickness exactly from the region of difference in the middle temporal gyrus of every subject. Extraction of cortical thickness of the whole middle temporal gyrus worked well, however there is a lot of noise in that information because the area of significant difference is a lot smaller than the MTG roi from the Desikan atlas.
If you run mri_glmfit-sim, it will create a ....ocn.dat file with that information in it. Run it with mri_glmfit-sim --help to get more info
2) to assess thalamocortical structural connectivity to that region, I would like to create and extract a mask in MNI space that I could use with fsl. Is that possible?
Run the mni152 through recon-all, then map your ROI (either label or annotation) from fsaverage to the mni152 with mri_surf2surf (annotation) or mri_label2label (label), then use mri_label2vol to create a volume in the mni152 space.
Thank you very much in advance for any kind of help.
Best wishes,
Dennis