Dear Douglas
I will apprecite it if you can please clarify this simple question. If I
optimise my design using Optseq, do you know if this de convolution process is
implemented in SPM or any other software? and it is part of the processing
behind the scenes?  Or do I have to account for this using a specific software.
Many tha is
Aser

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: fmri2013 <fmri2...@gmail.com> Date:
10/11/2017  19:30  (GMT+00:00) To: Freesurfer support list
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Optseq and de
convolution for rapid designs
Many thanks Douglas
If I optimise my design using Optseq, do you know if this de convolution
process is implemented in SPM or any other software? and it is part of the
processing behind th3 scenes?  Or do I have to account for this using a
specific software.

-------- Original message --------From: Douglas Greve
<gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> Date: 10/11/2017  19:24  (GMT+00:00) To:
freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Optseq and de
convolution for rapid designs

    It is because the random jitter creates differential amounts of
      overlap. Imagine if you have A=C+D and B=C-D. You know A and B,
      but you want C and D. You have two equations and two unknowns, so
      you can solve for C and D from A and B eventhough C and D
      "overlap" in A and B and you never see C or D by themselves. This
      is a type of deconvolution