Hi experts!

We are doing some QA exams with one subject scanned on different 3T
scanners (with comparable/nearly identical imaging parameters). Afterwards,
we looked into aseg values to compare them with the standard recon-all
procedure. And we came across a strange result. Between two scanners the
raw volumes are roughly the same, but the eICV's differ a lot (almost 30%).
We looked into the data and found that even the mask volumes are alike
(they differ less than 5% between the machines). the only outlier value is
the eICV of one of the scanners. As this value is estimated, can this be a
marker of some difficulties in normalization to Talairach upon the data of
the scanner? Should it be alarming when an eICV is 30% lower than the mask
volume?

Best regards,
Patrycja

Wolny