Why don't you just create a fake directory structure. Should be pretty easy to script (if you know how to script:)

On 1/15/18 3:44 AM, Stephanos Leandrou wrote:

Dear Freesurfer Developers,

I want to use the asegstats2table and aparcstats2table for my research. First of all, my subjects (several hundreds) are not in the Freesurfer/Subjects directory and for each one I have run the recon-all command.

For the asegstats2table command we know that the subjects list can be specified in one of four ways:

 1. Specify each subject after -s
      * -s subject1 -s subject2 ..
 2. specify all subjects after --subjects.
      * --subjects does not have to be the last argument. Eg:
          o --subjects subject1 subject2 ...
 3. Specify each input file after -i
      * -i subject1/stats/aseg.stats -i subject2/stat/aseg.stats ..
 4. Specify all the input stat files after --inputs. --inputs does not
    have
      * to be the last argument. Eg:
          o --inputs subject1/stats/aseg.stats
            subject2/stats/aseg.stats ...

The first two methods assume the freesurfer directory structure. The last two are general and can be used with any file produced by mri_segstats regardless of whether it was created with recon-all or not…..

According to 3 and 4 by changing –subjects to –i I was able to run the asegstats2table command for my subjects that are not in the Freesurfer directory structure with success.

However, (and here comes my question) I cannot do the same for the aparcstats2table because there is no option (if I am not mistaken) to run the command for subjects outside the Freesurfer directory structure? In the aparcstats2table webpage mentions that the subjects list can be specified on either of two ways:

 1. Specify each subject after a -s flag
      * -s subject1 -s subject2 ... --hemi lh
 2. Specify all subjects after --subjects flag. --subjects does not have
      * to be the last argument. Eg:
          o --subject subject1 subject2 ... --hemi lh

However, when I run the command (in the path of my subjects directory where the stats folder is) it comes with an error which says that it cannot find the stats file in the Freesurfer/directory which is expected…as my subjects are not in that directory.

Thank you for your help !!

Stephanos