External Email - Use Caution

Dear all,

I have a question about left-right sphere based co-registration.

I have a scalar quantity defined on the fsaverage5 ico5 surfaces and I would
like to map left to right hemisphere.

I’ve computed left_right registered spheres by running following commands in
the fsaverage5 folder:

mris_curvature -w lh.white
mris_curvature -thresh .999 -n -a 5 -w -distances 10 10 lh.inflated
mris_left_right_register lh.sphere rh.sphere lh.sphere.left_right
rh.sphere.left_right
mris_curvature -w rh.white
mris_curvature -thresh .999 -n -a 5 -w -distances 10 10 rh.inflated
mris_left_right_register lh.sphere rh.sphere lh.sphere.left_right
rh.sphere.left_right

As far as I understood, the lh.sphere.left_right contains the lh mesh warped to
be consistent with the anatomical landmarks on rh.
Thus in mapping or interpolating, I have to use vertices in
lh.sphere.left_right and map/interpolate them to rh.sphere.

Is that correct? There is a better way to do that?

Moreover I cannot find information about the “thresh” and “distances” arguments
in mris_left_right_register help. Maybe those options are not fine for the
fsaverage ico5 ?

Thank you all in advance.

D.

—