From: "Douglas Greve" <dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
To: "freesurfer" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2018 9:51:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Origin of freesusrfer output

To add on, the origin is changed in that the "first voxel" is not the
same in the 256^3 volume as it is in the original dicom. Having said
that, all our files (eg, mgz and nifti) have a  matrix that converts a
col, row, slice into the scanner RAS, so you can always find your way
back to the dicom coordinates.