From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Dean, Sophie
<sophie.l.d...@kcl.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:15:42 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] Mismatching hippocampal output

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfer developers,

As I understand it is recommended data is processed using the same OS. However,
it also states on the FreeSurfer webpage that there is an exception for some
post-processing tools.

Recon-all was first done with:

FreeSurfer version: freesurfer-Darwin-OSX-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c

Platform: Darwin Kernel Version 17.4.0

Post-processing for hippocampal segmentation was done separately on two
different machines with different operating systems:

1) FreeSurfer version: freesurfer-Linux-centos6_x86_64-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c

Platform: Linux Version 2.6.32-696.23.1.el6.x86_64

2) FreeSurfer version: freesurfer-Darwin-OSX-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c

Platform: Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0

Both have slightly different volume outputs. Is this difference due to
software/OS differences? Which output would you recommend using?

I have attached recon-all logs in case they are of use for my inquest.

With thanks and kind regards,

Sophie