External Email - Use Caution

Dear Freesurfer Developers and Experts,

I am trying to patch freesurfer
6.0<https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/freesurfer/6.0.0-patch/> to run
make_average_subject on Mac OSx 10.13.3

I am having a problem executing the updated mri_aparc2aseg command and get the
following error:

-bash: /Applications/freesurfer/bin/mri_aparc2aseg: cannot execute binary file

The steps I have taken are simply download the mri_aparc2aseg file from the
patch page and change the permisions using “chmod a+x mri_aparc2aseg”

A colleague was able to download and execute the file on Ubuntu, so I am
wondering if this is a mac specific problem? Any help getting mri_aparc2aseg to
execute would be appreciated!

Best,
Derek

PS: If useful, the output of “file mri_aparc2aseg” is:

mri_aparc2aseg: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux
2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=cf5dcb47303e476e94c456e1e7f5e6e8dd528ad8, with
debug_info, not stripped

Derek Sayre Andrews, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
The M.I.N.D Institute
University of California Davis

Telephone: +1 916 703 0360
Email: dandr...@ucdavis.edu<mailto:dandr...@ucdavis.edu>