Have you looked at aparc+aseg.mgz? You can change it to nii with mri_convert aparc+aseg.mgz aparc+aseg.nii

On 8/27/18 5:54 AM, Maedeh Khalilian wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfer experts,
I have used "mri_annnotation2label" and "mri_label2vol" to change the parcellation output of FreeSurfer e.g the lh.aparc.annot into an ".nii" so i can see the parcels in Mricro.
Now I can see the parcels just on the cortex not on the whole graymatter.
The first question I have is that, is the parcellation done on the whole graymatter? And if yes, is there a way that I can see the volumes on the whole graymatter, not just on the cortex?
I would be grateful if you could help me.
best regards,
Maedeh,