From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Glasser, Matthew
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:39 PM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] denoising and recon-all

        External Email - Use Caution
What are you using for denoising?

Matt.

From:
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
 on behalf of Lisa Crystal Krishnamurthy
<lkrishnamur...@gsu.edu<mailto:lkrishnamur...@gsu.edu>>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>"
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
Subject: [Freesurfer] denoising and recon-all

        External Email - Use Caution
Hi,

I have found that denoising the MPRAGE prior to FS recon-all seems to improve
the segmentation (see attached pdf). However, it is not clear if the denoising
algorithm may cause some signal intensity changes (especially in voxels with
partial voluming at the edge of the brain) that violate assumptions of
recon-all. Could you help me understand what the assumptions of your algorithm
are, and what I need to do to make sure my images conform to those assumptions?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Best,
-Lisa