External Email - Use Caution

Hello FS experts,

I am using longitudinal processing pipeline (
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/LongitudinalProcessing) to
calculate the cortical volume (CV) over a course of treatment (two
conditions: pre condition and post condition). In fact, I am interested in
comparing normalized CV (NCV) i.e. raw CV/ ICV between pre- and
post-condition.

(1). Now, longitudinal pipeline assumes that there is no change in ICV so
it gives me identical ICV for pre and post condition. That way, when I
compared NCV between pre and post condition, it gives me differences at
significant level of 0.16.
(2). However, when I checked ICV (from cross-sectional pipeline i.e. each
time-point separately) and compared between pre and post-conditions, ICV
values are different. Its possible that these values could be different
because of treatment (may be !). When I compared NCV between pre and post
condition (calculated by dividing raw CV from longitudinal pipeline with
ICV values form cross-sectional pipeline), it gives me significant
differences at 0.02.

Could you please share your thoughts on this i.e. (a) whether I can use
approach 2 or (b) if I am using longitudinal pipeline, dividing raw CV from
longitudinal pipeline and dividing by ICV calculated from cross-sectional
is in correct way to do this analysis?

Thanks.