External Email - Use Caution

Hello Sarah,

If you can bring up a terminal with your freesurfer environment set, then
please try the following commands, i.e.,

$ cd $FREESURFER_HOME

$ cat $FS_LICENSE

<output deleted>

Without posting the contents of your license, I think the first line is
an email address, followed by a line with several numbers, followed by 2
lines of text.
$ ls -l $FS_LICENSE-rw-r--r--@ 1 userid  staff  57 Jan  9
2018 /Users/userid/license.txt
the rw-r-r privileges (644) mean its writeable only by you (which is fine).
- R.

- R.

                Sarah Haigh        November 20, 2018 at 16:42
          External Email - Use Caution

Yes, I set the FreeSurfer home environment and added the license file to that
folder. It is Word readable.

Sarah

                Greve, Douglas N.,Ph.D.        November 20, 2018 at 15:03
  did you put it in $FREESURFER_HOME/.license ? Is it world-readable?

                Sarah Haigh        November 20, 2018 at 14:38
          External Email - Use Caution

Hello Freesurfers,

Can
 anyone help with a licensing issue I have? I downloaded Freesurfer the
other day with a brand new license and got the following message:
“ERROR: Invalid FreeSurfer license key was found in license file”. I
tried getting a new license and even borrowed someone else’s license and
 they all came up with the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

_____

Assistant Professor,
University of Nevada, Reno,
Department of Psychology and Center for Integrative Neuroscience,
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557-0296

Carnegie Mellon University,
Department of Psychology and Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition,
5000 Forbes Avenue,
Pittsburgh, PA 15213.