Hi Mercedes

you probably want to retain the information that you have more than one control subject as opposed to simply averaging them and treating the average as a single subject. While you can create a new average, it isn't necessary to do so. You can just keep track of all the control areas/volumes/thicknesses and compare them in the existing coordinates.