External Email - Use Caution

Hello,

I have a significance map I obtained through some analysis I did in Matlab.
It's currently in fsaverage space. I want to move it to MNI152 space to
compare with other results. From exploring the archives, it seems there are
two ways of doing this, and I'm not sure which is better - any advice or
correction would be appreciated.

*Method 1*: First move to fsaverage volume, then us volumetc registraion to
move to MNI152:

1. mri_surf2vol --surfval sigMap.mgh --identity fsaverage --template
./fsaverage/mri/T1.mgz --hemi rh --o sigMap.fsspace.mgz

2. mri_vol2vol --inv --targ sigMap.fsspace.mgz --mov
/$FSL_DIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm.nii.gz --o sigMap_MNI.nii
--interp nearest --reg fsaverage/mri/transforms/reg.mni152.2mm.dat

*Method 2*: Run recon-all on the MNI152 T1 image. Use mri_surf2surf to map
to move sigMap to the MNI152 surface. Then use mri_surf2vol with the
--identity flag to move from MIN152 surface to volume.

I ran method 1 and it looks OK though in some place it seems the out put
doesn't follow white matter super nicely (though generally quite good). See
attached image.

I haven't ran method 2 yet.

Thanks very much!
Alon