External Email - Use Caution

Hello,
I am trying to run a VBM analysis by using the white matter and the grey
matter masks from Freesurfer, because, often, other tools are not able to
calculate a correct white matter and grey matter masks.
When I have these masks, I have to apply them to my original T1 images.
However, the original T1 is in different space. I can resample the ROIs (WM
and GM) in order to apply them to my original T1, but my question is:
Can I use the orig.mgz from Freesurfer as my T1 for VBM, or does it have
different intensity from my real T1 acquisition?

Thanks,
Maurizio