On 1/4/19 1:27 PM, Nasiriavanaki, Zahra wrote:

Hi Freesurfers

I have a few questions about gammafit flag in mkanalysis-sess command and I
appreciate if you could respond whenever you had time.

-How should we decide which function is best to apply on hemodynamic response
signal? I have used both spmhrf and gammafit and I see slightly different
results.

Hard to say. Mostly, it does not make much of a difference, especially if you
have a block design. In theory, you could see which one has the lowest residual
error, but in general I would not agonize over it.

-Does Freesurfer has a default function that applies on hemodynamic response
signal if I don't use these flags?

No, you have to supply one. I usually use --spmhrf 0

-Where should I get gfdelta and gftau from?

We always used delta=2.5 and tau=1.25. These are from Dale and Buckner, HBM
1997, Selective Averaging of Rapidly Presented Individual Trials Using fMRI

Thanks

Mona

Zahra (Mona) Nasiriavanaki

Postdoctoral Research Fellow