External Email - Use Caution

Hello FreeSurfer Developers,

I have functional contrast maps from the HCP dataset. I converted these to
fsaverage space and now have GIFTIs for the surface data and a NIFTI for
the subcortical volume data. I would like to combine these into one file
for an analysis where I will be predicting the intensity of individual
voxels. I thought I would use vlrmerge to do this, but noticed that the
documentation notes that vlrmerge should only be used for
visualization purposes. I was wondering if you thought that doing my
analysis on the vlrmerge output would be a bad idea, even though I am not
doing any real computation on the merged volume maps.

If this is a bad idea, is there another method that I can use to combine
the surface and subcortical volume data?

Thank you.

--
Haroon S. Popal
Ph.D. Student