The projfrac function might not be working in the way that you think. It
might not actually be re-running anything. Did preproc-sess finish
faster than you would have expected? You can try deleting the projfrac
output and re-running. You can also run preproc-sess with -force, but
this will force it to re-run everything. If you want to use multiple
project fracs, then you should copy the functional tree to a new
location (if you use -p with cp, it will copy the modification time,
which will make preproc-sess run faster).