are they currently labeled 0? Where did you get your color LUT from?
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019, Jörg Stadler wrote:

       External Email - Use Caution

Hi Bruce,
this did not change anything. But I tried the process of mris_ca_train,
mris_ca_label with lh.oasis.chubs.annot and this worked fine.

A closer look to my source annot file from mris_seg2annot showed that
the label 'unknown' is missing.

How can I add the unknown to all unlabeled vertices?

cheers,
Joerg

Hi Joerg

I'm not positive that I understand, but have you tried giving
mris_ca_label the switch:

mris_ca_label -l $SUBJECTS_DIR/$subject/label/$hemi.cortex.label ...

that should remove non-cortical regions from your output annot