External Email - Use Caution

Hi Doug,

We actually do want the voxel-by-voxel results. Could you please give
details on how we would do that?  Specifically, would we need to use the
command line to run the Welch's T/F or would we extract values for each
voxel and put them into another software to conduct the Welch's T/F?

Thank you again.

Greve, Douglas N.,Ph.D.
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=from:%22Greve%2C+Douglas+N.%2CPh.D.%22>
 Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:45:56 -0700
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=date:20190314>

You can use mri_segstats to get whole-cortex means (use --slabel and
specify the lh.cortex.label and add --id 1). You can do the same thing
with the variances. The problem with doing it after mri_glmfit is that
the variances will not reflect the spatial averaging over cortex. If
you really just want one number for cortex, you should use
mri_segstats to extract the mean values from the stack (ie, the --y
input), using --avgwf. This will give you a column of numbers, one
mean for each subject. Then you can process this however you want.
When I first responded, I thought that you want to do this on a
voxel-wise basis.
doug