Hi Marina

there is a tutorial on fixing defects you can look at here:

https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/TopologicalDefect_freeview?highlight=%28tutorial%29%7C%28topology%29

I find the best way to do this is to load the lh.orig.nofix and lh.inflated.nofix (or the rh), then load the file lh.defect_labels onto both. You can then see the defects that are listed in the topology correction (note that the defect_labels = topology correction labels+1). If you select the lh.orig.nofix there is a checkbox to color the edges by the overlay value, which will then let you see them both in the slice view and in the 3D surface rendering.

In your case you have a giant posterior defect, probably caused by a bunch of skull/muscle not removed by the stripping. You'll need to erase it in the wm.mgz I suspect.

Feel free to upload you data and we will confirm this if you want