Use mri_binarize --match segid --i aseg.mgz --o mask.mgz
where segid is the segmentation code (eg, left hippo is 17) from
$FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt

On 7/21/2019 2:09 AM, Dandil dNd wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I want to create a 3D matrix (based on the aseg.mgz
and the lookup table) in which the elements of a specific region will be 1 and
the other regions will be 0. I can do this via Matlab, but since I should do
some format transformations, I am not sure if the orientation or other
parameters remains intact. So I want to choose a more reliable solution.

Best Regards,
Dandil

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:06 PM Bruce Fischl