From: Martin Reuter <mreu...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 2:39 AM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Cc: Douglas Merkitch <dmerki...@sralab.org>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Longitudinal stream finalsurfs misalignment?

Hi Doug,

probably something went wrong during the editing. E.g maybe you edited files in
the cross sectional or base directories and copied/saved these to the
longitudinals or vice-verca. There should be no mis-alignments.

I would recommend this:

1. run one such subjects without edits through cross, base and long locally

2. if that looks good, run cross do finalsurf edits if necessary and complete
cross runs. Then run base, do finalsurf edits and complete base run. Finally
run long. All should be fine.

Depending on the type of problem you are editing, usually it is sufficient to
edit these only in the base.

And make sure you use fs60 (not sure which version you used).

Best, Martin

On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 16:41 +0000, Douglas Merkitch wrote:
>         External Email - Use Caution
> Hey all,
>
> I have a group of subjects with 2 time points that I've run thru the
> longitudinal processing stream. All goes OK until I run the recon-all
> -long and the resulting .long. subject dirs have the finalsurfs
> misaligned (i.e. one subject has the edits moved inferior and the
> other has them moved superior, causing drastic consequences to the
> pial/wm surfaces).
>
> FYI these subjects were processed on a Linux-based high performance
> computing cluster and edits were made locally on a Linux virtual
> machine with subject dirs being transferred back and forth via scp.
> Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I’d mention it just in case.
>
> I’ve uploaded a .tar file containing one of these longitudinal
> subject’s directories (i.e. both cross tps, base, and both resulting
> long tps) called ‘merkitch_upload_201980913.tar’ via the filedrop
> website.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug
>
> Douglas Merkitch
> Clinical Research Coordinator
>
> 355 E. Erie St, Chicago, IL 60611
> 312-238-5911 office
> dmerki...@sralab.org
>

> sralab.org
>
> Facebook   |   Twitter   |   YouTube
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments are only for
> the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged
> and/or protected health information. If you are not the intended
> recipient of this message, please: 1) be advised that unauthorized
> review, use, copying, disclosure, or distribution is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful; 2) notify the sender of the delivery
> by reply e-mail or contact Shirley Ryan AbilityLab's Privacy Officer
> at 312.238.0766 or privacyoffi...@sralab.org; and 3) delete and
> destroy all copies of the message and its attachments. Thank you.

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments are only for the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or protected
health information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please: 1) be advised that unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure, or
distribution is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful; 2) notify the sender
of the delivery by reply e-mail or contact Shirley Ryan AbilityLab's Privacy
Officer at 312.238.0766 or
privacyoffi...@sralab.org<mailto:privacyoffi...@sralab.org>; and 3) delete and
destroy all copies of the message and its attachments. Thank you.