From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Liwen Zhang
<lw.zh...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 22 September 2019 at 10:40
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] help! Hippocampal subfield segmentation with FS
development version

        External Email - Use Caution
Hello freesurfer experts,

I previously applied hippocampal subfield segmentation using FS v.6.0. I am now
trying to devide subfields into head/body where applicable using FS development
version (latest version). However, I encountered the following
problems/quesetions:

1) X represents certain subfield (volume)
X_head + X_body (from FS dev) ~= X (from FS v.6.0)

What possibly causes this volume discrepancy between FS dev and FS v.6.0? Is
the head/body segmentation template in FS dev based on the same ex-vivo
template as used in FS v.6.0?

2) Related to 1), subfield volume as obtained from FS v.6.0 generally larger
than that from FS dev (not for all subfields though)

I processed T1 images with FS v.6.0 and then applied hippocampal segmentation
with both FS v.6.0 and FS dev.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreicated!

Thank you for your time and help in advance!

Best,
Liwen