External Email - Use Caution

Hi Kersten,

No problem at al and thank you for your reply.
While running my correction for multiple comparisons I store the df associated
with each contrast vector using the following:

[~,~,dflh] = find(F_lhstats.df(2,:));
[~,~,dfrh] = find(F_rhstats.df(2,:));
dfmodelh = {floor(mode(dflh))};
dfmoderh = {floor(mode(dfrh))};

So far the dfmodelh and dfmoderh have been identical. I then calculate the
effect size for each cluster using the following steps:
1. Derive the p-value from the Max threshold ('Max'), where p = 10 to the power
of -abs(Max)
2. Calculate the t-value associated with this p-value, using the relevant df
for this contrast
3. Calculate cohen's d using 't' and 'df', where d = (t*2)/(sqrt(df))

When the Max threshold is listed as -inf I cannot complete these calculations.
Can you suggest an alternate method for generating effect sizes for these
clusters?

Kind regards,

Bronwyn Overs

Research Assistant

Neuroscience Research Australia
Margarete Ainsworth Building
Barker Street Randwick Sydney NSW 2031 Australia
M 0411 308 769 T +61 2 9399 1725

[ http://neura.edu.au/ | neura.edu.au  ]

[ https://twitter.com/neuraustralia | Twitter ] | [
https://www.facebook.com/NeuroscienceResearchAustralia | Facebook ] | [