From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Greve, Douglas N.,Ph.D.
<dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:41 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] selxavg in native space vs fsaverage space

Hi Mona, not sure what you are trying to do. When you say "native"
space, do you mean native functional space or native anatmical space?
If you want to analyze the data on the native surface, you can use
--surf self when you run preproc-sess and mkanalysis-sess (instead of
specifying fsaverage) and analyze the session separately (which is
better if you are trying to do a longitudinal analysis).

it is hard to answer your other question about why there is a diff
between fsaverage and native space analyses without seeing what the
differences are and without knowing what the actual native space is.
They are different analyses, so they will not give exactly the same
results.

doug