It is hard to say. The 0.25mm may be throwing it off. You can try adding -r
0.25. This will increase the force that repels the pial surface from the white
by a factor of 10. That might be enough. But there are a lot of places where
mris_make_surfaces assumes that the voxels are 1mm. Sometimes people will
change the voxel size in the header to 1mm (so no change to the pixel data,
just a change to the header) and then run that.