From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Dawn C. Matthews"
<dmatth...@admdx.com>
Date: Thursday, 23 January 2020 at 20:36
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] Hippocampal subfield validation

        External Email - Use Caution
Dear Freesurfer Team,
Thank you for your work on the segmentation and analysis tools that have been
provided through Freesurfer and that have been used so widely. We are wondering
if there is a T1 image data set available for which manual delineation of the
boundaries of the hippocampal subfield summation has been performed, and
whether the images and masks might be available for DICE comparison to the
masks and volume produced by FS in users’ hands? We note that the subfield
summation does not include the alveus and therefore direct comparison to masks
generated using standard manual hippocampal segmentation protocols is not
straightforward.
With thanks and best regards,
Dawn Matthews

Dawn C. Matthews