External Email - Use Caution

Could you clarify what kind of meshes you are working with? Are the meshes you
are working with plane-like (parts of the pial surface), or are they closed
(e.g., generating from running marching cubes on a set of cortex voxels)?

Also what is your intention, i.e., what do you want to do with the meshes?

The exact volume inside the mesh will always depend on the parameters of the
mesh generation algorithm.

Best,

Tim