There is a script called tkmeditfv which runs freeview with tkmedit-style arguments. Most of the time, this is much easier

On 5/12/2020 3:30 PM, Hoopes, Andrew wrote:

Hi Aylin,

You can add this to your SetUpFreeSurfer script in $FREESURFER_HOME, but in general tkmedit is no longer supported after v6, please just use freeview.

Best

Andrew

*From: *<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Dincer, Aylin" <aylin.din...@wustl.edu>
*Date: *Monday, May 11, 2020 at 3:17 PM
*To: *FS Help <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
*Subject: *[Freesurfer] tkmedit in FreeSurfer 7.0

*        External Email - Use Caution *

Hi FreeSurfer Experts,

We are unable to use tkmedit using FreeSurfer 7.0 (centos 7). In the .xdebug_tkmedit file, it outputs the following error:

“Tcl_Init returned 1: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /usr/pubsw/packages/tcltktixblt/current/lib/tcl8.4”

It looks like when we manually set the environmental variable TCL_LIBRARY to point to the tcl location in the $FREESURFER_HOME folder, tkmedit will open. Is there a way to fix this so it automatically sets this environmental variable?

Thanks!

Aylin

Aylin Dincer

Senior Research Technician