External Email - Use Caution

Hi Douglas,

I have tried to follow your suggestion to use the transformed thickness file
like this:

mris_preproc --fsgd xxx.fsgd \

                                --meas $meas.fwhm$smoothing.xformed.mgz \

                                --target fsaverage \

                                --hemi $hemi \

                                --out $hemi.$meas.$smoothing.mgh

But it says $meas.fwhm$smoothing.xformed.mgz does not match surface
(163842,166904).

My files $meas.fwhm$smoothing.xformed.mgz come from
$meas.fwhm$smoothing.fsaverage (just by multiplying it with a weight). If I
use "--cache-in" in the mris_preproc like below:

mris_preproc --fsgd xxx.fsgd \

                                --cache-in $meas.fwhm$smoothing.fsaverage \

                                --target fsaverage \

                                --hemi $hemi \

                                --out $hemi.$meas.$smoothing.mgh

The above command line runs fine.

I know the problem in the first command line might be that the files
$meas.fwhm$smoothing.xformed.mgz are already on the fsaverage surface, not
the subject surface. But mris_preproc is still trying to use mri_surf2surf
to resample those mgh file from the subject surface to fsaverage surface,
which leads to the "does not match surface" error.

My question is: How can I tell mris_preproc to regard those transformed
files to be on the fsaverage surface already (instead of subject's surface),
just like the second command line where the "-cache-in" option is used?

You know, my transformed files are Just derived from cached files
$hemi.$meas.fwhm$smoothing.fsaverage.mgh in the $subject/surf directories. I
do not want to use mri_surf2surf to transform them to the subject surface
first, and then let mris_preproc transform them back to fsaverage surface
again.

Thanks!

Xiao

<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=from
:%22Douglas+N.+Greve%22>
Douglas N. Greve
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=date
:20200511> Mon, 11 May 2020 14:14:42 -0700

Just call your thickness file some other name, eg, lh.xformed.thickness.mgz,
the just specify --meas xformed.thickness.mgz