External Email - Use Caution

Hello Freesurfer team,

I have just become aware of the release notes concerning v7.0.0 being recalled
and not to be used, with the recommendation to use v7.1.0 instead:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/ReleaseNotes

I have a couple of questions about the implications of this recall.

We have processed a large dataset using freesurfer version 6, with all subjects
being processed (recon-all) with the same version/platform.

We would now like to segment the hippocampal subfields using the enhanced
version of the module as outlined here:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/HippocampalSubfields   which requires
Freesurfer 7.

We have successfully run the hippocampal segmentation using
freesurfer_v7.0.0_dev_20200405 (7.1 was not available at the time).

My questions:

1. Given the recall of v7.0.0, does this mean that we should re-do the
hippocampal segmentation that used v7.0.0  with v7.1.0? In other words, are all
functions within v7.0.0  to be avoided, or just the recon-all stream?

2. Given that the recon-all was processed with v6, is it ok to perform the
hippocampal subfield segmentation with v7? I understand that it is fine to
perform post-processing functions outside the recon-all stream with newer
versions (provided recon-all was done with the same version). Is my
understanding correct?

Thank you for your assistance.

- Vanessa