External Email - Use Caution

Hello Ahmed,
There is one error message indicating you are running out of disk space to
write to.  Not clear to me if that is inside or outside the container, but
either files need to be deleted and/or your disk partition needs to be larger.
I would strongly discourage running as userid root.  Root has privileges
that non-root users don’t have, so if something is not setup correctly
privilege wise in the machine image, then you will not find out when running as
root.   And once you run something as root, then non-root user may
subsequently have issues running the same commands because they cannot
delete/create temporary files previously created in subdirectories and/or owned
by root, and commands as those non-root users will fail.   As part of
building the container image (as root), it should be possible to create a
normal non-root userid and then select that non-root userid to be the userid
when the container runs (or at least that works in docker).
- R.

On Jul 8, 2020, at 16:37, Bahrani, Ahmed A. <ahmed..bahr...@uky.edu>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Hello, I have a
question related to the singularity container to run a bash script that
includes freesurfer commends. The issue isI have built a singularity
container and included the freesurfer license in the container. Recalling
and executing the script were run successfully as a root user login (without
any errors), while as a general user (non-root) login, it showed an error with
nu_correct; however, mri_convert seems to run fine as a step before nu_correct.
The nu_correct used in the script four times. For the first to third
nu_correct, it showed a full iteration (50/50) for each one and showed the
following error:---Error message---evaluate_field: posixio.c:210: px_pgin:
Assertion `*posp == ((off_t)(-1)) || *posp == lseek(nciop->fd, 0, 1)'
failed.nu_evaluate: crashed while running evaluate_field (termination
status=134)nu_correct: crashed while running nu_evaluate (termination
status=65280)-------------------------------------------------------------------- Then,
 at the fourth  nu_correct it stopped after 48 iterations then showed the
following error: ---Error message---ncvarput: ncid 4: No space left on
devicemivarput1: MINC package entry pointnu_evaluate: crashed while running
minccalc (termination status=768)nu_correct: crashed while running nu_evaluate
(termination
status=768)-------------------------------------------------------------------- Note:
 I am usingLinux Redhat 7.9 and the singularity installed using YUM
command.Singularity version 3.6.0 For generating the container, I have
used the following:singularity build -F xxx.sif xxx.def For running the
container, I have used the following:singularity run -e -C -H
/home/Ahmed/aaa/s:/opt/data xxx.sif bash /opt/s/s1_WMH.sh  Would you
advise please, I want to run the container on other computers, but in this
case, it will not
 mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer