From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Yang Molly
<mollyyang1...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:01 AM
To: FS Help <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] Error for version 7.1.0 when run the recon-all

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi list,

I tried to run the latest version Freesurfer (7.1.0) on the Ubantu 18.04
system. I downloaded the “freesurfer-linux-centos7_x86_64-7.1.0.tar.gz” and
successfully installed. I tried to run "recon-all -s bert -autorecon1" and the
terminal replied as "recon-all -s bert finished without error ". However, when
I tried to run the recon-all use the common" recon-all -i
/home/molly/FStry/preA063/preA063.nii -s sub063 -all", the terminal replied

"Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/freesurfer/python/scripts/rca-config", line 137, in <module>

    file.write(arg + '\n')

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\udc87' in position
12: ordinal not in range(128)

ERROR: could not configure recon-all parameters"

I did not retrieve a similar question in the previous mailing list and hope to
get your help.

Thank you

Molly