External Email - Use Caution

Dear Eugenio,

I tested it on 103 subjects. The asymmetry index is significantly different
from 0 (symmetric) for both aseg and ThalamicNuclei.v12. Also when you
compare the asymmetry index across segmentation methods (either using
paired or independent t-tests) the AI is significantly different. The
correlation of the AI between methods is also 'only' r = 0.377 ( P <
0.001). I've attached an xls file with the data. Based on the reply from
Douglas and yourself, does this mean that AI for aseg stems from both the
method and data, while the asymmetry shown by your method is due to the
data only and therefore comparing the AI between the two methods is
meaningless and definitely not suitable as a quality (or sanity) check?

Cheers, Chris