External Email - Use Caution

Hi Freesurfer Developers,

I was hoping to get some advice on fixing pial surface error so we can
calculate cortical thickness. In several patients, although the aseg is
fine, the red outline for the pial surface is missing parts of the cortex
(not the subcortical areas, those are alright). Unfortunately, we cannot
use control points to edit the pial surface because there is no white
matter in those parts of the brain. Is it possible to manually extend the
pial surface to include the excluded cortex?

Also, I looked through the archive and found a similar question and read
that overriding the intensity statistics that mris_make_surfaces computes
automatically may solve my issue. If this is possible could I have some
advice on how to do this?

Otherwise, if you have any advice to fix this problem we would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Monica