Hi,

Why does the "mri_watershed" function create a new brainmask? Is there a way to
create BEM surfaces from an existing or already corrected brainmask?

I had manually edited the brainmask during recon-all process. After the
recon-all process completed, the pial surfaces looked good.
But when I ran 'make_watershed_bem', the BEM surfaces came out incorrect. The
function 'mri_watershed' re-created a brainmask with the same errors that I had
corrected earlier.

I saw there was a question on this topic already, but couldn't find answers:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=subject:%22%5C%5BFreesurfer%5C%5D+mri_watershed%22&o=newest&f=1

Thanks,
Manorama