No sure what you are trying to do. Each  vertex on the surface has several  coordinates associated with it. Eg, a given vertex on the white surface will have a coordinate in the volume space (see https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CoordinateSystems); that same vertex in the ?h.sphere.reg will have a coordinate on the sphere.