From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Douglas N. Greve
<dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 9:58 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] mris_pmake error - freadFloat: fread failed

Can you open the smoothwm with another application? Eg, mris_info or freeview -f

On 11/12/2020 9:52 AM, Nasr, Shahin,Ph.D. wrote:
Hi Surfers,
     For one subject, when I run mris_pmake as below:

mris_pmake --subject <Subject_Name> --hemi lh --surface smoothwm --mpmProg
pathFind --mpmArgs vertexStart:<Start Vertex>,vertexEnd:<End Vertex>
--mpmOverlay euclidean

I get the following error:

mris_pmake error - freadFloat: fread failed

This error appears irrespective of the Start/End vertex, as far as I see.  I
guess this error is because a file in the subject's brain recon is corrupted.
But unfortunately, the error message is not helpful.  I even tried to open the
error.log.  But I do not see any further info there.

Any suggestions?

Shahin