From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Douglas N. Greve
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 11:09 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] -hires vs -conf2hires in 7.1.1.

* External Email - Caution *

On 3/19/2021 12:03 PM, Alexopoulos, Dimitrios wrote:

Just a  further clarification between the using conf2hires or  -hires  in
FS7.1. Our data is acquired at 0.8mm isotropic.

In both cases are the surfaces placed on the hi-res images, correct?
Yes

The subcortical structure volumes with con2hires are at 1mm, whereas they are
at native resolution or 0.8 in our case, correct?
Yes

Probably not a big diff in subcortical volumes with either method , but which
method will give the most accurate surfaces for  GM/WM/aparc volumes?
I don't know. In the end, the differences in surface placement end up being 10s
of microns which is hard to judge visually on 1mm data.

Would running FS7 without the -hires flag be better (resampling to 1mm)?
Again, hard to say.

Jim

From:
freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>