External Email - Use Caution

Dear All,

We are running recon-all on the latest version of FreeSurfer (v7.1.1). We
are using both T1 and FLAIR images to better define the pial surfaces, but
when we run the recommended command line (recon-all -subject subjectname -i
/path/to/input_volume -FLAIR /path/to/FLAIR_volume -FLAIRpial -all) the
pial surface is very underestimated (?.pial.FLAIR – and the aseg volume is
based on these surfaces), and we get better results without the FLAIR.
It seems that FreeSurfer mis-registers the FLAIR to the T1 during the
process. Is there a separate step we should do to register FLAIR to T1?

Thank you,
Edina