ROI-wise and vertex-wise analyses are different and may give different
results. The vertex-wise analysis looks at individual vertices whereas
ROI-wise averages over all the vertices. It is possible (even expected)
that averaging over all vertices will reduce the variation and give
stronger statistics than vertex-wise.