From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Yendiki, Anastasia
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:56 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Using only a aparc+aseg input file for TRACULA

* External Email - Caution *
This won't be good for the cc.* tracts for sure (in the new version we have the
entire CC covered with 7 subdivisions). TRACULA learns how often the n-th point
along tract X falls in or next to label Y from the structural segmentation. If
it's learned that a tract goes through label Y=254 half way along its
trajectory, and where our segmentation has label 254 yours has something else,
it won't a great situation. It could still work though, because other terms of
the objective function will drive the fitting (the likelihood term that fits
the shape of the tracts to the diffusion orientations, or the anatomical priors
in other points along the tract). In general, I'm still surprised by how robust
TRACULA turns out to be to various types of snafus. So it's worth trying.
From:
freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>

<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
 on behalf of Alexopoulos, Dimitrios