External Email - Use Caution

Hi Experts,

After completing long_mris_slopes to get the rate of change and then
concatenating them into one.mgh file for group analysis (mris_preproc). I
am finally getting to mris_glmfit. Got a couple of questions along the way.
1). if I conducted long_mris_slopes, and got for example,
lh.long.thickness-rate.fwhm10.fsaverage.mgh. Do I need to do a surface
smoothing again (mri_surf2surf) before mris_glmfit?
2). I construct covariates in FSGD besides the group contrast that I am
interested in. How do I add covariates into the glmfit model to control for
the covariates as I contrast groups in terms of the rate of changing (CV
vs. NCV groups) . Do I add them into --C as  (1, -1, 0(age), 0(gender),
0(race)).
mri_glmfit
        --y {$hemi}.{$meas}-rate.{$smoothness}.mgh
        --fsgd FSGD/{$study}.fsgd doss
        --C Contrasts/CV-NCV.mtx    (1, -1)
        --C Contrasts/NCV-CV.mtx     (-1, 1)
        --surf fsaverage {$hemi}
        --cortex
        --glmdir {$hemi}.{$meas}-rate.{$study}.{$smoothness}.glmdir

Best,
Zeno